I also booked our birthing class at the hospital I hope to deliver at (my doctor should have privileges there after June 30th), which is making this a lot more real. My doctor also told me I need to contact my insurance to find out if circumcision is covered...apparently most insurances are NOT covering this procedure (brand new information to me!) since it has been deemed not medically necessary by most (if not all) of the big medical associations. She told me hospitals typically charge $1,000 for the procedure or we could go into my clinic after we're discharged and have it done for around $400 there (which I'm not too crazy about waiting that long but for $600, it makes the decision difficult). Thankfully I'm covered 100% either way and we don't have to make that call. YAY for having a baby during one of the last few "cadillac" policy years...I'm afraid when #2 rolls around, I won't be as lucky.
Over the weekend, we also hit up a few garage sales and estate sales around our house, since Joe and I typically do this every summer but we've been too busy to go together yet. We did find a few small baby items we picked up and Joe found some deals on some tools and garage supplies he was in need of. Overall, we got some great stuff and didn't spend that much money.
On Sunday, we headed to Dick and Wanda's to celebrate Jim's 40th birthday. Joe caught this fish off the dock, 3 pounds and 19 inches long...the biggest so far this year for him!
And now just another work week, soooo looking forward to the extended holiday weekend. Safe travels to everyone!!

No comments:
Post a Comment