Thursday, December 2, 2010

holiday weekend updates...

So I experienced something for the first time last week...TRUE Black Friday shopping. We spent Thanksgiving with Joe's mom and family, which includes the tradition of going through all the ads and making christmas lists (which most of you know is one of my favorite things on this earth to do :) I saw something at Kohl's that I really wanted to purchase for someone, so I decided to go buy it at 3AM when they opened!!! It was a steal-of-a-deal that I just couldn't pass up. Yep, I rolled out of bed at 2:30am (even though I had gone to bed at 11pm), got dressed and was in the Kohl's parking lot at 2:55...and talk about a rookie mistake. I thought it would be a fairly short line and wait (who was going to get up that early, in single digit temps, right??), so I didn't even bother bringing my winter jacket. HA! There was a line wrapped around the building...so I waited in my car until the line started moving. After a minute or so, I was in the store, walking very briskly to the department my item would be located....only to find the shelf completely empty!! Talk about about complete disappointment. So I grabbed a few other items I wanted and got in line. While standing in line, I asked one of the employees if they were really out of the item and she said everywhere sold out on WEDNESDAY. That irritated me even more...I was so annoyed and wondered how many others rolled out of their nice, warms beds in the middle of the night like me to buy that exact item, ugh! But I still waited the 45 minutes to get through the line and then headed back home for a quick cat nap. Joe was set to get up at 5:30 to hit some of the man store sales. When he woke up, he didn't even know I had left. We were out the door by 6:00 and didn't get back home until 12:30. Most of our morning was spent in lines but we got some great deals and finished most of our shopping, so overall it was a success :)

Saturday we spent the afternoon/evening with Joe's dad and family, everyone came over to our house. We had 13 people this year, so it was by far the largest thanksgiving meal I've ever prepared but it turned out well and I think everyone had a good time.

This week has been a short one for me, I took Monday off since I had worked the Wednesday before and ended up working from home on Tuesday. I tried driving in but it was really scary so I turned around. I'm very lucky I have a great boss, who is understanding and is NOT a micro-manager. I measured 4.5 inches on our back deck, plus all the rain that froze the night before. I hear we could see another 5 by Saturday morning, ugh!

But at least it's almost friday and the weekend is finally here!

No comments: