Happy Thanksgiving! It's a day of reflecting and being thankful for all of your many blessings. I have so much to be thankful for today and I want to start focusing on the "good stuff." I think many people, myself included, tend to focus on what's NOT happening or what's NOT going right. I'm know I'm completely guilty of that and I want to improve. So, in true thanksgiving tradition...
I am thankful for my husband. I am far from perfect and not always the easiest person to love and somehow he loves me more everyday. He's my rock and I love him with all my heart.
I am thankful for my dog. She tests our patience at times but she fills my heart with so much love. She is always faithful and always has lots of wet kisses and butt wags waiting for me whenever I walk in the door. She is my "first born" and "practice round" and has taught me more than she'll ever know. She is preparing us for parenthood, if and when we are ever blessed with little ones someday.
I am thankful for my family. I love my family and don't know what I would do without them. I was also blessed enough to become part of a new family this year and I couldn't ask for a better one. Family is one of the most important things in life and I know mine will always be there for me, no matter what.
I am thankful for my awesome friends. Even though some of us lives miles apart, I'm so thankful we're still able to get together a few times a year. I'm grateful that I still have my friends from both high school and college...I think that is very rare and I'm so thankful for each and every one of them. They've helped me to become who I am and where I am today and I'm forever grateful.
I am thankful we both have jobs. As much I as complain and how much it makes me crabby, I am very thankful that I'm still there. Without our jobs, we would not have many of the possessions we have. We don't have many extravagant things, go on expensive vacations, or have thousands in the bank to spend foolishily but we have a home that is worth coming home to. It's not the biggest or prettiest in the world but it's a home filled with love...and I couldn't have asked for anything better.
I am thankful for our health and the health of our family and friends. There are so many people that aren't as fortunate.
I am thankful for my renters. So far, my house has been taken care extremely well and without them, we would be facing a foreclosure on it. We can't afford two mortgages every month and can't sell it since it's unfortunately a number we don't have the money to lose.
I have so much to be thankful for, I've been truly blessed. I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving with your family and loved ones!!
No comments:
Post a Comment