It was Joe’s 29th birthday on Saturday and he celebrated in style by working. Yeah, he requested off but unfortunately still had to work. Luckily, a co-worker switched shifts with him and he got done early at 2pm instead of 4pm. I know people who have a December birthday generally don’t like the combining of birthdays and Christmas because they are two very separate occasions but I had to combine them this year so I could get Joe tickets to the Vikings! He was pretty excited when he found out that was what he was getting! So I ran some errands while Joe was working. When he got home from work, I made the dinner he requested, grilled chicken with pesto and noodles…so good! I had also found a slice of chocolate cake at Target that reminded me of the free dessert we got at Granite City when we got engaged. Joe is not a cake person and rarely eats it (seriously wish I had that problem :) so I can’t justify making/buying a cake because I will end up eating the entire thing…so this was perfect amount. It was delicious and we both polished that slice off in no time!
On Sunday, we headed to the game with Mark & Melinda. They had randomly got free tickets from Melinda’s co-worker for the same game, so it was nice to split parking and hang out before the game. And what a game to buy for Joe, they crushed the Bills, which was exciting for him. I could have cared less…I spent most of the game trying to get the internet on my phone to work so I could check the stats of the Packer/49er game. Unfortunately, that was a large fail and had to wait for the scoreboard updates instead.
Being married to a die-hard Viking fan has taught me how to keep my cheering and comments to myself. Contrary to what most people would think...when the Pack & Vikes play, it's pretty dang quiet in the house. We've learned it's just not worth the arguments and hurt feelings that come with it. I love the Packers but I love my husband & marriage more, so my mouth is usually shut during any of their games. No worries fellow packer backers, I'm NOT transforming into one of them...there are PLENTY of things I would love to say and make fun of...they are just never spoken aloud ;)
So the entire game, I didn’t cheer for the Bills or say one negative thing…I just sat, minding my own business, while everyone else jumped up and cheered. Just before half time, I had gone to the bathroom and during that time, Joe apparently chatted with the couple next to us and told them I was a Packer fan. When I got back, she said she heard I was a Packer fan, we talked about how we both disliked Favre and she even showed me the family members she brought to the game a few weeks before, dressed in Packer attire on her phone. Her niece lives in Eau Claire and we talked about how I grew up in the area and went to school in EC. Pretty nice lady, right? Yeah...well, during the last touchdown by AP, everyone was standing up and cheering, the crowd went wild…she then leaned down and told me “suck it lady!” I about died, I couldn’t believe she said that…even if she was joking, it was WAY out of line and completely inappropriate (plus, she was at least in her mid 60's and knew better). I had done nothing but be polite and respectful the entire game. Had I been making comment(s) before, hers would have been well deserved. Thankfully I had a witty moment and said, “don’t worry, I’ll have the last laugh in the playoffs.” Ugh. Seriously, why do these people find me? (see previous post about Target cashier). I didn’t tell Joe about it until after we had left, I didn’t feel like topping the day off by being escorted out by security, LOL!
Otherwise, we had a really great time (despite the fact I was at a Vikings game & the rude lady) and birthday weekend for Joe. We splurged a little on goodies at the game, which we never do anymore but you only live once, right? I got the dome dog I've been craving...which is now called "quarterback dog." It wasn't quite the same but still good.
And now we’re back to Monday, at least it’s a short week for me. I sure love my Fridays off on weeks like this one :)
So the entire game, I didn’t cheer for the Bills or say one negative thing…I just sat, minding my own business, while everyone else jumped up and cheered. Just before half time, I had gone to the bathroom and during that time, Joe apparently chatted with the couple next to us and told them I was a Packer fan. When I got back, she said she heard I was a Packer fan, we talked about how we both disliked Favre and she even showed me the family members she brought to the game a few weeks before, dressed in Packer attire on her phone. Her niece lives in Eau Claire and we talked about how I grew up in the area and went to school in EC. Pretty nice lady, right? Yeah...well, during the last touchdown by AP, everyone was standing up and cheering, the crowd went wild…she then leaned down and told me “suck it lady!” I about died, I couldn’t believe she said that…even if she was joking, it was WAY out of line and completely inappropriate (plus, she was at least in her mid 60's and knew better). I had done nothing but be polite and respectful the entire game. Had I been making comment(s) before, hers would have been well deserved. Thankfully I had a witty moment and said, “don’t worry, I’ll have the last laugh in the playoffs.” Ugh. Seriously, why do these people find me? (see previous post about Target cashier). I didn’t tell Joe about it until after we had left, I didn’t feel like topping the day off by being escorted out by security, LOL!
Otherwise, we had a really great time (despite the fact I was at a Vikings game & the rude lady) and birthday weekend for Joe. We splurged a little on goodies at the game, which we never do anymore but you only live once, right? I got the dome dog I've been craving...which is now called "quarterback dog." It wasn't quite the same but still good.
And now we’re back to Monday, at least it’s a short week for me. I sure love my Fridays off on weeks like this one :)
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Joe!! Glad you had a great weekend despite the stupid lady!
Post a Comment