Tuesday, October 11, 2011

2 weeks...

So we have survived the first two weeks...alive and partially sane...which in my book, is a huge accomplishment! :)

Little Mason has finally passed his birth weight, we had another checkup on Friday. He was born at 5-10 and we left the hospital at around 5-3ish. He is now up to 5 lbs 11 oz (maybe a little more by now), so we must be doing something right with his feedings...he is also spending more and more time awake, which we enjoy but it also means less sleep for mom and dad and less time for getting things done around the house.

I actually feel quite blessed, Mason has really been a great baby so far. He's turned into a snacker over the past few days, which means he eats every 1-2 hours during the day now, which is annoying for me...but I honestly have few complaints. He has been sleeping 2.5-3 hour stretches at night for almost a week now, I have to wake him up about half of the time to eat and change his diaper. He's been sleeping in his crib since the 3rd night home...for some reason, he hated sleeping in our room in his bassinet...must have been too hot and just fussed all.night.long. Nursing is still kind of a challenge...but we are both still learning and figuring things out...I'm optimistic we'll get there eventually. He shows little to no interest in his nook, the only reason we introduced it so early was due to the bilirubin blanket we had to use that first weekend. I felt so bad for him, so we caved and gave him something that might comfort him. He does cry and fuss...but the fussing usually happens during the day and when he's hungry, needs a diaper change or wants to be held. I know any of this could change at any moment but I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

He does have a rash on his butt we can't get rid of...we got a prescription cream from our doctor but it doesn't seem to be helping much. We are trying a different diaper and using wet paper towels instead of wipes, hoping this will help clear it up. And his poor little lips are starting to get sucking blisters...which I've read is completely normal, not painful and should clear up in the first few months. His lips just look a little goofy is all, which hopefully don't show up too badly in his newborn pictures tomorrow.

And now for our week in pictures :)

Mom & Dad are exhausted!!

Mom's Little Man...

My auntie Debbie got me some new outfits that fit me, thank you Auntie, I love you!

 Our first family walk!




 Mason still hates bath time...
 But loves to snuggle with mom afterwards...


Helping Mom cheer the Packers on, GO PACK GO!!

And the many faces of Mason...why we call him Mas-Face...



I don't think Shiloh is impressed with this new little person in our house yet ;)

1 comment:

stephie said...

No, Shiloh doesn't look so happy! You and baby look great! I can't wait to see the two of you! Love ya.