Monday, August 30, 2010

just a quick trip across the country...

...so I was hoping to get out of GD before having to travel to Pittsfield, MA but no such luck. I was told today that I'm flying out Wednesday night for an emergency meeting on Thursday morning with one of our customers and then flying back Thursday night, ugh. This should be interesting, the GD facility is 1.5 hours from the closest airport, which means I get to make that journey by myself in a rental car. I sure hope I can get an afternoon flight out and not have to make the drive at night...I'm not thrilled about this but I don't really have a choice.

Joe was going to price out sump pumps today and we'll have his friend install it for us, hopefully on Wednesday. I have piles of laundry and it's driving me CRAZY not being able to wash them! We also have to contact the insurance company because it got into some of the carpet downstairs...I hope we can claim it and get brand new carpeting down there!

I finished week 5 on Sunday by running for 20 minutes straight and I did it without walking! There were times when it was tough but I just kept pushing through and it got a little easier after a while. I think I ran over 1.5 miles that day, which I didn't think I would ever be able to do again after hurting my feet. On to week 6 tomorrow, woo hoo!!!

We also talked to a realtor last week to determine what to do about my townhouse. My renter has indicated he'll be moving out sometime this fall, so we're exploring our options...not good news. We're not sure what to do, the market isn't looking good for townhomes or improving anytime soon. And I know I won't luck out twice with a good renter either.

Life seems to be so crazy right now...I feel so overwhelmed most days and I'm hoping it goes back to normal sometime soon. I finally hit my breaking point today at work, I'm talking with one of my program managers tomorrow morning and will hopefully get some of my workload taken off my plate...I hope it helps and I don't come home crying every night, which has unfortunately been a regular occurrence lately :( I know God never gives us more than we can handle but some days I wonder...

2 comments:

Kristin96795 said...

Hey Laura - Hope things look up with your job. When I came home crying (actually I didn't make it home, only to my truck) I knew it was time to quit? Hang in there!
-Kristin

Laura said...

Thanks Kristin, I hope a new job comes along soon...when you go home crying on a regular basis, it's definitely a sign that it's time to leave!!