Oy...where to begin...
Mason is getting better and better at eating food...he definitely prefers finger food now but we aren't quite ready to switch over completely yet, I still find plenty of food in his bib and high chair when he's done.
Hanging out with dad at the AT&T store...what a cool dude!
Two weekends ago, we had ventured over to WI to visit my parents at the lake. They were starting their week vacation there. Joe & my Dad got some fishing in and Mason and I got some quality Grandma time. We had a great time with my parents, it was very relaxing. It was nice to get away from home...because every woman knows that even a weekend at home does not result in a relaxing time. There is always something that needs to be washed or cleaned. Mason was obessed with the sliding glass door...this is what my Dad was seeing on the other side of the window.
And now for some recent videos. Here is Mason hanging out at the back door while Daddy was mowing the lawn....
Here is Mason on the move...he's crawling like he's been doing this since he was born. My favorite part is when he sees where he wants to go and the head goes down and off he goes. And the slapping...I love that sound. It makes me giggle. Not only is it cute but it lets us know he's on the move if we aren't watching...we are going to miss that when he starts walking!
Mason also likes to hang out at the baby gate. You can see that he not only walks along one thing but now moves from item to item as he walks.
Work has been insanely busy lately, which makes the days and weeks go by way too fast. And Joe has been working late the past few weeks, getting home after 8pm most week nights which means I'm on my own most of the time. By the time I get Mason fed, bathed, down for the night, house picked up and everything ready for the next day, it's bedtime. I don't even turn the TV most nights, with the exception of my summer guilty pleasure of bachelor pad :)
Mason is constantly on the go and into everything these days...his new favorite past time is opening and closing the cupboard we keep Shiloh's food in...I swear he would do this for hours if we let him! He is a video from tonight after his bath...
In other baby related news, we've been battling a bad case of diaper rashes the past month or two...yeast diaper rashes with cloth diapers...not a good combination. I hope I've finally washed our diapers enough that the yeast is finally dead and gone for good. While I've enjoyed the convenience of disposables, it's time to get back to washing and to keep the earth a little cleaner...plus the extra $$ will be nice too! I've also been slowly weaning my pumping sessions at work where I'm almost ready to just nurse at home in the mornings and before bedtime. I got pretty sick about a month ago and my supply never made it back to what it was. Plus we'll start switching over to whole milk in a little over a month...seriously how crazy is that?!? While I'm sad to see these days leaving, I'm really looking forward to having my body back and to not have the stress of squeezing time into busy days at work.
We are still struggling to get Mason to take longer naps and to sleep through the night...I don't think we've had a full night sleep since he was 5 months old and gave us those few teaser nights. Le sigh. However, I used to spend most nights in the chair and we have come a VERY long way from there...but between the teeth and colds, there has rarely been a time when he wasn't in some sort of pain or discomfort so he's still waking up. Most nights lately, he sleeps until 2am...and then I go in to rock him and I end up falling asleep until my alarm is going off. Not ideal...but at least it's a step in the right direction. All I can say is if there is ever a next nursery, it will have a single bed in it. I won't do it any other way.
Mason also has cut his 6th tooth today...he now has 4 pearly whites on top and two on the bottom. He also has a nasty cold and cough this week, which has also moved on to Joe and myself. Ugh, the joys of daycare right? I call it the daycare drip...the noses never stop running!
And one last video to leave you with...here is Mason tonight during dinner...clearly missing his daddy!



2 comments:
Thanks for the updates Laura!! Love you and miss you!
Your little guy is getting so big!!!
Post a Comment