Where have the past 6 months gone? I can’t believe how fast my little boy is growing up. I swear I’m going to blink and we’ll be planning your first birthday party. I look back at pictures from when you were born and you’ve changed so much…yet I still see glimpses of that tiny little baby in you from time to time…like when you’re upset. This was the first face I ever saw of you and I still see it every time you cry.
You do look a lot like your mommy but I see your daddy in you all the time. You have his personality for sure. You love the attention and are always smiling or laughing, all the ladies at daycare can’t get over what a ham you are. You love to flirt with them all (we will have our hands full with you for sure!). And you are always looking to get your mommy and daddy’s approval. When you get really excited, you flap your arms and then you stop and look at us to smile or laugh at you. When we do, you do it again and again. Your giggle is starting to come out more and it is my favorite sound in the world. Your daddy can get it out of you pretty easily with his funny faces…mom gets the giggle when she gives you raspberries while getting your diaper changed.
You are getting ready to crawl soon and get frustrated when you can’t do it yet. No worries my love, you will be moving around soon enough. Please give us a little more time to baby proof the house. Your teachers have to prop you up with a boppy so you can watch the other kids crawl/walk around or you scream. I know you want to join them so desperately. You can roll over from tummy to back and back to tummy with little effort now. You can also sit up by yourself for a few minutes when we set you down to sit on the floor.
You love your puppy...and she loves you so very much. At first, she wasn't quite sure what to think of you...she kinda kept her distance the first few weeks while she figured you out. But now she looks for you when I walk in the door after work...and she loves to kiss you. You open your mouth and squeal with delight when you see her, which then prompts mom and dad to tell Shiloh to stop licking...because she always goes for your mouth. Over the past month, you started to reach out to pet her when she comes near you. I see many ear and tail pullings in her future...but I know you two are going to be the best of friends!
You have the best baby rolls. I will be so sad to see them go. I can’t get over your chubby legs, arms, checks, fingers and toes…I just want to kiss and squeeze them all day long.
I love how you always grab one of my fingers when you are nursing…you will even search to find them if I don't have my hands near yours. As much as I hate pumping, I love and cherish our “M&M” time together, it’s something no one else can do for you and it means everything to me. It will be very hard for mommy to let that go…probably the reason we waited so long with food, I wasn’t ready to start weaning you off. I love the final big sigh you do right before you fall asleep when we’re rocking…it’s almost as if you are finally giving up…I have a feeling you are always going to fight sleep, you don’t want to miss a thing!
You have started to sleep so much better lately…I think we finally figured out the secret. You are a stomach sleeper! Now that you are rolling over, we feel more comfortable putting you down on your stomach in your crib. Although mom and dad still get up to check on you numerous times during the night, we know you are getting much better sleep and we will learn to be more comfortable with you on your tummy and not worry so much.
Mason, I can’t begin to describe the depth of my love for you …there are simply no words that would even do it justice. But one day when you have children of your own, you will understand. You are our world baby boy and we can’t imagine our lives without you. It’s really hard to remember life before you…it feels like a million lifetimes ago and I wouldn't go back for a second. You have brought so much joy, love and completeness to our lives…and you’ve changed us for the better. Thank you for being you Mason, you are perfect. I love every square inch of you, infinity times infinity.
Love Always,
Mommy





1 comment:
Soooo sweet Laura.
And YAY for figuring out the tummy-sleeper thing!
Post a Comment