I shouldn't complain because I know it could be so much worse...but this little boy hates sleeping. With a passion and fights it until he passes out from pure exhaustion. If I fall asleep in the rocker with him nestled in the boppy, I guarantee he would sleep all night. We all know that isn't feasible (or really safe for that matter) so we fight the good fight every night. We don't usually have a problem getting him to sleep...it's keeping him asleep for longer than a hour at a time. And half the time, he's not even awake when we go in. He's still half sleeping, eyes closed but screaming his head off. We actually have to wake him to calm him down. And we've tried it all...fleece sleepers, cotton sleepers, normal clothes, swaddled, lights on, lights off, changing the direction he sleeps, pacifier, no pacifier, heat up, heat down, door open, door closed, magic seahorse, light & sound crib side soother, just about everything we can think of....sometimes one thing will work and the next time it won't. We are really at a loss as what to do next, other than to give up, stock up on caffeine and just wait for this phase to pass. And maybe his GER is the culprit and with another week of medication under his belt, we'll see improvement by next week? Who knows. One can only hope this passes sooner than later.
Other than his lack of sleep, Mason is changing every day. We've caught him staring at his hands the past few days in wonderment. He's also starting to grab and hold objects. He likes to pull his pacifier out of his mouth and attempts to put it back in. He's been successful a time or two, although it's just luck at this point. He will hold his rattle if you put it near his hand and he's been grabbing at the toys on his swing. And he likes to help hold his bottle, although he can't hold it up by himself quite yet...but loves to wrap his chubby little fingers around it and try :)
I've been horrible with taking pictures the past few weeks, it's just been a little crazy around the house and being quite sleep deprived, I forget to grab the camera. I need to get better and I will.

No comments:
Post a Comment