Sunday, August 28, 2011

showers & nursery, oh my...

I've had two awesome weekends in a row. Last weekend, I headed home for my first baby shower in Eau Claire, given by AJ, Kristin, Brooke and Steph...it was a Dr Seuss themed shower and was above and beyond anything I could have imagined. I had so much fun, eating and catching up with everyone there. And I seriously have the most generous family and friends in the world...we received so many great gifts! Thanks again ladies for hosting such an AWESOME baby shower, I love you girls!





We've also made some progress on the nursery...still have to hang stuff on the wall and get a few things like the monitor and changing pad...but we are getting there!


And no worries folks....the blanket will be draped over the glider back once it arrives and the boppy and sea horse will find new homes once the baby arrives :)


One of Joe's old softball buddies stopped by this week with his wife and 5 year daughter...as we were standing in the kitchen chatting, we noticed their daughter had disappeared...we found her in the nursery, putting the panda bear into the swing.  It was so cute, we've left panda there :)



This weekend, we attended our birthing class. It was a very long day but we learned a ton...the instructor was very good, I'd highly recommend her. We also crossed off 2 of our "bucket list" of things we wanted to do before pumpkin seed arrives. We've been watching our pennies very tightly lately and trying to adjust the budget, so it's not such a shock when the daycare bills come along...so we rarely go out anymore. We had a really nice date night at Famous Dave's on Saturday night and today, we went to a movie and got ice cream afterwords. Before we know it, these 2 very simple tasks we normally don't think twice about, won't be as simple anymore...so we wanted to make sure to get out one last time while we could!

I have a short week of work and we'll be hitting up the State Fair on Friday, I'm so excited! Hopefully the weather cooperates...it's the only day we'll be able to go. Joe is heading to Winger this coming weekend for his Grandpa's 90th birthday party. I'll be staying home, since I'll be 34 weeks and we decided months ago, I wouldn't be leaving town after 9/1, unless it was an emergency. 

Hope you all have a great week!

1 comment:

AliRose said...

Cuuuuuute! How awesome are your friends, your baby shower and the theme and all that looks absolutely adorable. (And delicious.)

Also, love the nursery pictures, fun fun fun. Love to be able to put everything we've talked about into pictures.

Finally, that is super cool that you have a piano in your nursery.