Hi friends, I'm back again. Sorry it's been so quiet around here lately, lots going on I guess! Nothing newsworthy but lots of little busy things going on.
I'm trying to remember what we've been up to for basically the past month. Let's see, we went to dinner with our friends Lisa and Jason to Toby Keith's I Love This Bar a few weeks ago. It's a pretty cool place, the bar is in the shape of a huge guitar and has live music every weekend. The food was very good too and it was pretty busy for a Saturday night. I guess it's the new "it" place to go out on weekends if you are sick of the DT and Uptown bar scenes. I wouldn't know since I was over that scene years ago but I can see how it would be fun. Free parking and I'm guessing drinks are a lot cheaper too. We were also very overdressed in our mom sweaters and jeans, LOL! So glad I'm out of that phase of my life!!
I've started to feel really old lately (besides the fact my 30th is just around the corner!). My family has started to talk about plans for Jim's graduation this year...seriously, is my little brother already graduating college?!?! It feels like yesterday I was helping him move into the dorms and not believing how old he was then. How time flies. It should be a fun weekend though, my sister (and possibly Trevor) will be flying home that weekend. He graduates on a Friday night and his final 7 Days spring concert is then that Saturday night. And then he officially joins the rest of us in the real world!
Joe has been hard-core job searching again but outside of Wells Fargo this time...really hoping something comes along for him. Considering the economy, he's been getting quite a few hits, some of them have been scams but there have been a few solid leads. It would be great for him to find something he enjoys again...the bank is definitely NOT it!
I've given up the search for a while now but when we out to dinner with Lisa and Jason last month, I had talked about how I had final interviews with 2 companies last fall and how they never got back to me, not even an email...even though I had followed up with them a few weeks after those interviews. I'm still kinda bitter...I took 1/2 days so I could do those interviews and they didn't have the common courtesy to let me know either way. That's just rude in my book! Anyways, that following week, Jason sent me a link that one of those companies were planning to lay off 2,000 employees by April 1. Can you say blessing in disguise? I'd say so...just another example that everything happens for a reason! Needless to say, I'm thankful that didn't work out...at the time of the article, they weren't sure how many MN jobs were going to be in lay-off but just to be put in that situation of not knowing....we've been there before with WF Financial last summer, so no thank you!
I've been having a hard time this week with the time change over the weekend. I'm so tired this week! But I'm loving the fact that it's light out past 7pm now...just waiting for it to warm up a tad more so I can take Shiloh for a nice long walk! The roads are still kinda icy in spots by our house, so I'm hesitant to take her out unless Joe is with me so he can hold the leash (just in case she decides to chase a squirrel, I'd be flat on my @$$). This might be the week/weekend that it finally melts enough for me to go, YAY!!
We also need to find a new dog food for Shiloh. We've really loved the stuff we've been giving her the past few months (she's on a weight mgmt food) and she's lost almost 5 pounds already (with little walking opportunities this winter). But she's been throwing up a lot more frequently (like maybe 2-3 times a week, so not all the time but frequent enough to take notice)...so if the new food doesn't help, we'll have to take her in and see what is going on. I'm hoping the new food does the trick and we can save the $300+ vet bill from all the tests they will "need" to run. I've gotten some good recs on Taste of The Wild, I plan to pick up a bag of that tonight and gradually switch her over.
Coupon clipping has been going fabulously...although Joe went to Aldi a few weeks ago to pick up a few staples for me, since we have one right across the street from us. Food is noticeably much cheaper there. For example, milk is $2.19 vs Target is now up to $2.69. I'm planning to check it out this weekend...only downside is they carry their own brands so my coupons are going to be worthless. But as far as taste, it probably won't be a huge deal for us since I've been buying a lot Market Pantry items from Target anyways.
I heard sad news on the radio this morning, I found out that Nate Dogg passed away yesterday. I absolutely LOVED the song Regulate with Warren G. I had that song memorized at one time and it was my very first cassette tape that I ever purchased. I still own it to this day, I've never been able to part with it, even though I have nothing to play it in. He was only 41 and struggled with strokes/health problems, very sad. Regulators, mount up!!!
I will leave you with a few pictures I got in a forward today...pretty much sums up how I feel every week I'm at the pump. I hope things go back to normal soon...but until then, maybe this will brighten your day :)
1 comment:
I hope the Tast of the Wild works for Shiloh. See you in a few days! Can't wait!
Post a Comment