Tuesday, July 27, 2010

weekend recap...

It was a busy weekend! Saturday, I headed to Stillwater to tour a winery with Brooke, Taylor, AJ, Steph and Kristin. We had so much fun drinking wine and catching up. And baby Taylor is getting so big but is as cute as ever!! We went to the St Croix Vineyards (it's near the Hwy 36 and Manning intersection)...would recommended checking it out. It's also an apple orchard, I would love to go back this fall! On Sunday, we headed to Maple Grove in the morning...Joe found some used folding chairs on craigslist to use for his football draft, so we picked those up. Then we stopped at the Running Room to pick up some shoes for me. Seriously, these shoes are awesome. I will never buy running shoes elsewhere ever again. We also got Joe some much needed workout shoes at DSW with my birthday gift certificates. Then we headed to Dick and Wanda's house, Joe's grandparents were down from Winger and we spent the afternoon and had dinner with them.

Today was day #2 in my couch to 5K workout...and so far, so good! I'm still alive and able to run the amount of time I'm supposed to be! I'm also not super sore, this might be the best training plan ever :) I also get a kick out of my c25k app I'm using...it tells you when you are supposed to walk and run...the voice sounds exactly like Greg Thunder from the KS95 Morning Show...it just makes me giggle when I hear it. I'll hear a *ding, ding* and a "RUN"...I should write them an email, they'd probably read it on the air...but I don't really listen to them anymore (CAN'T stand Melissa, ugh!).

Tonight we are watching Wipeout Blind Date...it is freaking hilarious! It brings me back to my college days and two of our favorite shows. We watched Blind Date ALL the time and we also would watch this Chinese obstacle course type show, where these people would be dressed in ridiculous costumes, doing ridiculous obstacles. They would have English speaking commentators over the actual ones and they "explained" what was happening...well this show is the combo of both...SO funny. On Tuesday nights on ABC all summer, so happy I found this show!! Joe and I have been seriously LOL-ing since we found it :) I needed to laugh after the work week I've had so far, much needed!!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

So what kind of shoes did you get?

Laura said...

I'm an overpronator, which means I have flat feet...and they roll inwards when I walk and run. He recommended these shoes for me:

http://www.saucony.com/store/SiteController/saucony/productdetails?stockNumber=10078-1&showDefaultOption=true&skuId=***4********10078-1*M110&productId=4-105010&catId=cat10002